Many people find the warmth of the hot stones to be comforting and relaxing during their massage treatment. Hot stone massage is suited to people who tend to feel chilly or who have cold feet. It’s also suited for people who have muscle tension but prefer a lighter massage. Your Massage Therapist can adapt the pressure, heat and any other elements you notice during the massage; just be sure you communicate what you are feeling!
You can read exactly what a hot stone massage is here. Or check out our massage treatments to find the service that would best fit your needs. Our Spa Coordinators are also super helpful in recommending a treatment customized for you. The best way to figure out if Hot Stones take you to the next level of relation is to try it!
People also get hot stone massage for a variety of health conditions:
- Back pains and aches
- Stress, anxiety and tension
- Poor Circulation
- Osteoarthritis and arthritis pain
Massage is not recommended for certain people:
- People with infectious skin disease, rash, or open wounds
- Immediately after surgery
- Pregnant Women (unless it is specifically a Pre Natal Massage – Glow has great ones!!)
- Immediately after chemotherapy or radiation, unless recommended by your doctor
- People prone to blood clots. There is a risk of blood clots being dislodged. If you have heart disease, check with your doctor before having a massage
Call Glow Med Spa today for a massage and get the hot stone add-on.